Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Dress fit for a Queen


My work Christmas party is in two weeks and between working overtime, commuting an hour to and from my job, as well as taking grad courses, I’ve had no time to shop for a dress, or even know what type of dress to purchase for this social event. Even if I find an hour of time to run out to the store, I have been so busy that I don’t even know what is popular these days.  The work Christmas party is held at the Weston Country Club and is a formal sit down dinner. I need a dress that expresses my femininity yet maintains my business reputation. I could just settle for a basic black dress, but I wore that last year and feel that it’s a fashion faux pas to wear the same dress to the work Christmas party two years in a row.  I’d really like to just pick an outfit that has been recently worn by a celebrity whose fashion I admire. Specifically, I’d like the wear the dress that Kate Middleton is wearing in the photo below where she and Prince William were meeting the President of the U.S. and the First Lady.

 

If I only had a website that could tell me who she is wearing, I could then search for it on Google and to find the dress, or a knockoff depending on the price. This would allow me to have a sophisticated style and eliminate my fashion crisis for the company Christmas party in 2 weeks. With this in mind, TVtoWear is a website that’s provides a URL link that connects its customers to the outfits they are searching for. This company would allow people like me to type in Kate Middleton’s name into the database and filter on occasions so I can find this dress and be provided with a link to the designer’s website so I can then purchase the dress.  

1 comment:

  1. Okay...I so could have used this service last weekend! I use the excuse that because I'm an engineer, I don't have any idea how to be stylish and I definitely don't have time to even try! It is aweful! Great story and as someone said in the residency, I'm sure guys would find this service very attactive!

    ReplyDelete